Friday, September 11, 2009

Beeline Home

While in NY a few weeks ago for the gift fair I got so much accomplished! My list of people and places to see was long. I had 3 new prospective vendors to meet with whose lines I am looking at as possibilities for carrying in the store, as well as seeing all our current vendors.

One of the lines is Beeline Home, a gorgeous new furniture collection founded by the incredibly talented Bunny Williams. In the introduction of the catalog (which is really a book-that is how high end this collection is!) Bunny explains how after practicing design for over 30 years the creation of her furniture collection was inspired by the challenge of finding pieces that make a room special. Each piece in her collection was either inspired by something she owns or loves.



Special indeed. The pieces are exquisite, the details are really lovely. Some of my favorite pieces are the Eglomise coffee table-the base is gilded iron with an inset, verre eglomise, (reverse gilt and painted glass). The pattern on top is Fortuny inspired on sea green ground.


After a brief introduction to Bunny Williams I took a peak into her office where my eye landed upon many beautiful objects, such as the Hourglass Table. It elegantly sits next to the T4 Chair and Ottoman. This table is one of my favorite pieces in the collection; the octagonal pedestal base of hand-applied reeded mahogany pieces finished in old gold patina, hosts a honed Tulung Agung stone top. So sexy and sophisticated, yet the reeded mahogany offers the natural organic look I am always drawn to.

There is no shortage of beautiful pieces like these in the Beeline collection. Stop by the store to browse through the catalogue. If you have been looking for that special piece to finish off a room, or to inspire the rest of the design, we may just be able to help you.

And stay tuned for other exciting news of new lines and product from my NY market trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment