Monday, October 26, 2009

What happens in High Point...part 1

One of my favorite responsibilities of being a furniture store owner is traveling to the markets to see what fabulous new items I can bring back to the store. I especially love the High Point, NC market because of the intimacy created by it being held in such a small and secluded town. Most vendors host parties after market hours with food and drinks for buyers. As a buyer, you get to rub elbows with the creative master minds behind the product lines--which is a serious thrill for me! More on who I bumped in to this time around in part 2. For now I am going to share some of the highlights of the products I saw.

The Natural Curiosities team always puts together an amazing display in their booth. New framed pieces from their "macro collection" will be arriving in the store Dec-Jan.





The Barbara Cosgrove Lamps booth had a stunning display also. There were new pieces I had not yet seen that I am really thrilled about!

The new Hollywood Style Studio lights are so urban chic.

These new drum pendants are the perfect combination of sleek & rustic with the hammered polished nickle.

Oly introduced the new black cabinet you see here with birds on top. I loved this for a few reasons-the birds on top add an interesting and almost creepy element to an otherwise ordinary display cabinet. And if you have ever been to the store, you know that nature and birds are a big inspiration for us. The fact that the cabinet is called "Simone" (the name of my Brussels Griffon) is just a nice coincidence.

Oly was also glitzing things up with a new mirrored collection, including this chair with a mosaic mirror trim.

I ordered this sweet little loveseat from Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams in a beautiful natural linen. I just couldn't resist the sloping arm and camel back--so graceful!

More High Point Happenings to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment