Friday, November 18, 2011

Contemporary with a Twist

I am drawn to contemporary style homes and furniture and although I have furnished my home with mostly contemporary furniture, I have started to do a lot of antique shopping. I think it is because I want my home to feel more personal and collected, and nothing does that better than a one-of-a-kind find from an antique shop.

This image is a great inspiration for how I would like to decorate my bedroom. (Note the blue-grey walls, sleek case goods and upholstered headboard.)


bedroom by Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
www.mgbwhome.com


But to make my bedroom more special (and which I envision to be more soft and romantic) I have been thinking a Louis XV chair in the corner would add that element.

This past weekend I was in Charleston, South Carolina shopping on King St. (where there are some fabulous antique store and art galleries) and I spotted my dream chair that would take my contemporary bedroom from generic to really special! I'm now on quest to find one just like it locally!


French Regency Armchair, Jacques' Antiques, Charleston, SC

-Ilyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment