Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Not Your Average Granny

Riddle for the day: What's pink, orange, and floral all over?.....

Granny Chic of course! And not the typical granny house you've spent countless holidays at, this one is infused with pops of color, quirky accents, and lots of texture. Let's just say, it's not your average Granny, unless your Grandma happens to be Betsey Johnson (a huge influence in this post today). So bust out that afghan and pour yourself some tea, this is going to be a fun read!

My inspiration for this post comes from an amazing handmade gift I received over the holidays.



Adorable right?! It's a cross-stitched, family portrait, that my Mother made of my significant other, our four-legged son, and myself. I'm pretty sure I squealed with delight when I unwrapped this. Immediately I ran home to hang this on the wall, and ever since, I've found myself attracted to anything needlepoint, cross-stitched, bright, or floral.

And really, who can resist the charm that granny-chic can bring to any room?



Needlepoint Heart Pillow by Jonathan Adler. Adorable!



This afghan adds so much pattern, texture, and excitement to this modern bedroom.




Needle point wall decals, love it!




High gloss white floors with granny-chic decor.


While this look is adorable, personally, I find it looks best in small doses. The juxtapostion of the look with modern, sleek, interiors is what makes my heart skip a beat. Little hints of something vintage and feminine can bring warmth and coziness to any space, along with adding a lot of spunk and personality! Don't be afraid to add a little crochet to your space, your Granny would be proud.

-Katie:)
Photo credits:
first image, my own. Second image from jonathanadler.com.Third image, harperkingsley.com. Fourth image, storybookwoods.typepad.com. Fifth image, creativeinfluences.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment