Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Not A Paperback

I love accessorizing with books. Coffee table books have beautiful covers and images, but some shelves need something a bit smaller and it is nice to have a variety of sizes. I have dealt with many a home where the builder thought it would be nifty to have built in shelves all over the place. I am typically not a fan and have advised more than one client to just tear them out and dry wall over them. But when this is not an option decorative books can provide a good solution, and possibly an opportunity to read a classic such as Jane Eyre or Oliver Twist.

I'm mad for the Hardcover Classics by Penguin, designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith. The details make them so lovely; linen cases, colored endpapers and ribbon markers.



These decorative books we have in the store are recycled old library books. The covers are hand made and come in a variety of colors and designs. It is quite entertaining to browse through the books that have been recovered, there are some very random topics under those pretty cases!

As I am striving to read more lately, I have books on the mind and it is nice that I can justify thinking of them in the design sense as well!
-Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment